Simple Ideas to Refresh Your Master Bedroom
We’re all spending more time at home these days. With the entire family stuck
together, the home has been placed under a microscope. If your master bedroom
is not the oasis you wish it were, here are a few simple ideas you can use to
change the feel of the space without breaking the bank.
• Lighten Up – Setting the mood starts with lighting. Try a modern-industrial
styled fixture or vintage chandelier to freshen your look. Consider the
purpose of the lighting: do you want to soften the room with dimming
lights or brighten a reading corner?
• Change Colors – Changing the color of the room can make a big difference
in the feel of the space. Choose a soothing color and add fresh linens, floor
rugs, or even paint or wallpaper to revitalize the room.
• Luxurious Carpet – Having a beautiful floor does not necessarily need to
mean an expensive change. Add a luxurious area rug to add elegance to
• Create a Sitting Area – Most master bedrooms have unused space. Find a
cozy corner and add a comfy chair to carve out a quiet area to relax or read.
• Try Some Wallpaper – Wallpaper is a great way to add interest and
personality to décor. Today, there is a wide variety of temporary wallpaper
products that are easily removable when you tire of them. Try a bold
geometric or subtle textured pattern on one or more walls to add a modern
spin to your room.
Bedrooms should be a place to relax—someplace to unwind and refresh after a
long day. Fortunately, there are a number of ways to update your master
bedroom this weekend with some simple, inexpensive changes. Try one or all of
them and spruce up your bedroom.